Thursday, May 21, 2009

2009 Goals



The overall goal is to break free from work forever. By the end of the year, I want to be in a position where if I go travelling and I'm breaking even. I plan to do this by raising my passive income, though making videos and through travel writing. I will also investigate some income generating ideas from 'The Four Hour Working Week'. Also, I want more power over how I spend my time, I want to exercise at least three times a week and have the time to develop new skills.

Goals 2009

  • Increase my passive income to cover at least 30% of travel costs
  • Increase income from mircostocks to $150 per month
  • To get + $100 from videos per month
  • To earn as I travel through spotting opportunites and exploiting them
  • To earn from 'Teaching English' in different ways, i.e. ways that generate passive income
  • To exercise at least 3 times a week
  • To speak Chinese to a conversational level, by this I mean talking with a stranger for 10 minutes without the need to resort to drawing pictures or finding someone who speaks English.
  • To be a travel writer, and this will cover the remaining costs of travel
  • To develop 'own' business.

Passive Income


Microstock photography - although this is not real passive income (as it involves a lot of input at the start) I've included it in this category. Last Month I earned $35 from this source and this month will be similar. I want this to increase to $150 by the end of the year.



Other photography - Investigate other sources of income from photography



Video - to be earning income from this by September and for this to generate income of $100 plus per month by the end of the year.

Also to use video as a source of income on the road - shoting for hotels and activities centres in return for income or goods.

Travel Writing - When I'm travelling, to dedicate two hours a day to this activity.

To use my main occupation, teaching English, as a passive source of income.

No comments:

Post a Comment