Monday, March 1, 2010

February Round Up

Graph Dreamstime Free Photo



Dreamstime Free Photos





It's been a busy month, despite having no work, I haven't got as much done as I'd hope but I did a lot anyway. Including doing my first bungee jump, a 4 day trip to Macau, a 6 day trip to South Taiwan, more exercise and lots of reading.

Photography

The Extended License at Shutterstock is the obviously highlight and this has resulted in a Best Month Ever (BME). Shutterstock also brought in the most dollars. On the downside, I haven't produced many new pictures and didn't increase my portfolio size much, this despite having more time. I expected to increase my portfolio size easily but it didn't happened, partly I hampered by bad weather. Both trips had mostly bad weather, which isn't ideal for stock photography.


Dreamstime Total Portfolio 488 New Photos 18 Feb $10.65
Shutterstock Total Portfolio 205 New Photos 10 Feb $43.63
Fotolia Total Portfolio 215 New Photos 2 Feb $6.26
123RF Total Portfolio 411 New Photos 0 Feb $8.05

Total Earnings $68.59

Highlights

• Extended licence at Shutterstock
• BME - Shutterstock - $43.63
• Started taking 'people' pictures and got a friend involved in one photo session.


Other photography highlights of the month.

• I might have found a studio that I could use for photography.
• After seeing my flickr a/c, a woman with three shops and sells on-line wants me to make some designs for T-shirts aimed at teenage girls.

Writing

I've written some stuff and have gather the bulk on two subjects that could be made into a few articles. I've found a new topic, the health of teeth, that I'm interested in and if I make contact with some 'experts' it should be easy to get stuff published.

Generally though, I'm behind where I would like to be though.

I only contacted one editor. This was disappointing.

Chinese

I feel that my Chinese is progressing, it's going forward and I can understand more and more. My speaking is still clumsy though.
Started to learn characters again. This is something I'm good at. I don't know why, but I find learning characters enjoyable and easy, relative to speaking.

Comfort Challenges

I did the physical ones I set out to do. The bungee jump and getting my hair shaved were very easy (fighting but only take a short time to do). The ones I still need to do are 'contacting editors and Chinese from the streets (taking audio recordings of people on the street, reading local signs around were I live).



Click here to see The Bungee Jump

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A EL at SS, never had one there :(

    cheers and nice shooting!

    ReplyDelete