Thursday, June 11, 2009




Passive earnings from Microstocks (Photography)




I’ve been doing this for about 7 months and have got my earnings up to $35 a month. Whilst the income is a bit disappointing, I would still recommend that keen amateurs still try microstocks.









Benefits for the amateur photographer;




· Feel accomplishment by getting your work accepted by stock agencies.
· Feel accomplishment by selling pictures. I know that money shouldn’t validate your photography but it’s still very gratifying to know that someone is willing to pay money for your photographs.
· It’s less complicated then applying to traditional agencies and some of the feedback you get on rejections is very useful.
· You will learn soft skills that you might not learn otherwise. All the microstocks agencies I’m with review the photographs you upload. Therefore you will get rejections and it’s from these rejections that you learn. For example; I now use ISO 100 most of the time because there less noise and more detail. This has forced me to use my tripod more and I also use my fast lens more.
· Try new types of photography.
· Increase motivation
· Ask more questions about how to commercialize your photography
· Join in with some active forums
· It’s a very low cost why to start a second income
· To learn from other photographers




These are some of the benefits. There are many more I’m sure.




Signing up is easy and free. Just click on the links below and start turning your photography into cash. You never know perhaps you’ll be the next microstock star!


Royalty Free Images


http://www.fotolia.com/partner/200870006


Submit Photos to Shutterstock and make $$$!




No comments:

Post a Comment