Tuesday, June 30, 2009

There are opportunities all around

Be Different












I can see that there are opportunities all around us. Unfortunately, I've missed quite a few this month.

June's opportunities

Working on English Camps, new experience, good rate of pay and different to my day to day job - missed

Entering a travel competition with a realistic chance of getting to next round. This one was also missed, mainly because I left it to the last minute. I'll see about other competitions as I think they are great motivators for improvement. I found myself looking at other entries, being inspired by their ideas and wondering how I could do things better.

On the positive side.

I didn't miss every chance. Last night I started a conversation on the bus home, purely to practice my Chinese. If I can make this a habit then I'll get a lot more practice of speaking Chinese. I've also started 'classes' with a friend that has been very useful too.

And I got my first article off to Matador Travel, which got refused because there was another article similar to it. Lesson to learn - use more keywords to found what they have on their database.

No comments:

Post a Comment