Sunday, January 24, 2010

Microstocks Goals for 2010

Dreastime free photo

















Just eight days to go and then freedom. Well, freedom for a while, how long I don't know yet but it'll be for months.

I see this as an opportunities to do more with photography and I see microstocks as a helpful tool in this process.

So during this time, I want to dramatically increase the number of photos I have with each agency, whilst at the same time improve the saleability of the photos I submit.

• I'll study good selling portfolios - start in February
• I'll search through flickr, the web and bookstores for photographers and designers I like. I'll note down ideas that excite me and see how I could encorperate these ideas into my photography.
• The conceptual ideas I have at the moment. I'll develop into photos. I'll start this in February.
• If I go travelling, I'll do more research to find out what's interesting in that place.
• I'll do people photography. I plan to start this at the end of February. Before that I'll study what people are doing with hands, feet and body part shots.
• I'll learn illustrator.

Uploading to various agencies

Dreastime

Numbers are for the end of the month

Jan - 460
Feb - 500
Mar - 600
Jun - 800
Sep - 1100
Dec - 1400

Shutterstock

Jan - 185
Feb - 220
Mar - 310
Jun - 500
Sep - 800
Dec - 1100

Fotolia (I'm having real problems increasing the portfolio with this one)

Jan - 215
Feb - 230
Mar - 280
Jun - 400
Sep - 600
Dec - 750

123RF

Jan - 420
Feb - 465
Mar - 570
Jun - 800
Sep - 1100
Dec - 1400





It's a race against time

1 comment: